Club Forum
hen you have a player like that

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Dodge Ram Owners Club Belgium // Tell us who you are
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
wh3171

BerichtGeplaatst: 04-12-2019 07:22:11    Onderwerp: hen you have a player like that Reageren met citaat
INDIANAPOLIS -- Washington keeps finding ways to break through old, stubborn barriers. Air Max 720 Günstig Kaufen . Even in the unlikeliest place of all -- Indiana. Bradley Beal scored 14 of his 25 points in the fourth quarter, Trevor Ariza added 22 and the Wizards held off the Pacers with a stout defence over the final 7 1/2 minutes Monday night to get a 102-96 win in Game 1 of the Eastern Conference semifinals. It was Washingtons first second-round win in 32 years. "We know its a tough building to play in. We havent won here in a while," Ariza said after the Wizards snapped a 12-game losing streak in Indy. "Why wouldnt this be the best time to come here and get a win -- in the playoffs?" The Wizards know there is a lot more work to do in this best-of-seven series. Game 2 is Wednesday in Indianapolis. So far, though, things have gone well for the upstart Wizards. After clinching their first playoff berth since 2008, the Wizards have advanced to the second round for the first time since 2005, won at Indiana for the first time since April 18, 2007, and have their first second-round win since April 28, 1982. Washington has opened these playoffs with four straight road wins and put the pressure right back on the top seed in the Eastern Conference. It doesnt get better than that for a young team that beat Chicago 4-1 in the opening round. "The way I think about it, Im 20 years old, Im playing in the playoffs, something Ive always dreamed of. Why not embrace it?" Beal said. "Why not accept the challenge and have fun with it? Thats all Im doing -- having fun." For the Pacers, it was another kick in the pants. After salvaging their season with two straight wins to beat Atlanta in seven games, Indiana lost Game 1 for the second straight series and for many of the same reasons. They were outrebounded 53-36 and were outscored 19-5 on second-chance points. They got beat outside as Washington made a franchise playoff-record 10 3-pointers with Ariza going 6 of 6. They got no points and no rebounds from 7-foot-2 centre Roy Hibbert, who has looked nothing like the All-Star he was during the first half of the season. And when they were desperately trying to rally in the fourth quarter, Indiana went 7 minutes without a basket. Things got so frustrating that even the emotional Lance Stephenson lost his cool and snapped at coach Frank Vogel when he was yanked with 1 minute to play in the third quarter. Vogel said he took Stephenson out because he didnt want him playing 48 minutes. Stephenson said he was mostly mad at himself. "I waited too late," Stephenson said. "Third quarter was too late to turn (it) up. I mean we need to come out first quarter and turn (it) up and get everybody going so the second half we could already have that pace." Paul George and George Hill scored 18 points each to lead the Pacers, though half of Hills points came on three 3s in the final minute when it was too late to come back. David West added 15 points and 12 rebounds. The Wizards trailed once all game, 31-30, and retook the lead on the ensuing possession. But Washington won this one in large part because it beat Indiana at its own game. Marcin Gortat had 15 rebounds, six on the offensive end where Washington held a 17-6 advantage. The defence limited Indiana to 40.7 per cent shooting and never allowed them to get closer than six points until the final minute of the game. By then it was too late. Washington jumped to an 8-0 lead and led 28-15 lead at the end of the first quarter. After the Pacers charged back to take the lead, the Wizards closed the half with a decisive 17-6 run to make it 56-43. Washington took its biggest lead of the game, 68-52, midway through the third quarter with the Pacers in full catch-up mode. Indiana got within six late in the third, within seven early in the fourth and within five when Hill hit a 3 with 23.6 seconds to go. That was as close the Pacers got. "We won one game here in Indiana, but we still have to get three more," Beal said. "We have to be more desperate each and every game." NOTES: Washington has won seven straight on the road and nine of its last 10 including the regular season. ... Indiana held Washington to 66 points on Jan. 10, the lowest single-game point total in the NBA this season. It took the Wizards only 26:02 to top that mark Monday. ... Washington shot 62.5 per cent from 3-point range (10 of 16), the best against Indiana this season. ... Robert Mathis and Reggie Wayne of the Colts attended the game. Nike Air Max Tn Günstig . Hattestad managed to avoid the carnage midway through the mens final, as a crash took out three skiers, essentially leaving two men vying for gold. The Norwegian posted a time of 3:38.39, outlasting Swedens Teodor Peterson, who took silver with a time of 3:39. Nike Air Max Tn Damen Sale . About seven hours before facing Washington in Game 2 of the Eastern Conference second round series, team officials said the oft-injured Bynum would miss the rest of the playoffs and would not even be with the team for the rest of the post-season. http://www.shopairmaxschweiz.com/air-max-plus-fake-kaufen.html . Ontario Superior Court Case Management Master Ronald Dash released the decision on Monday, saying John McCaw Jr. must testify in front of a jury by live video conference. Moores lawyer, Tim Danson, asked the court to compel McCaw - who is based in Seattle - to testify in the case back on February 27.KANSAS CITY, Mo. - The long hours Laurent Duvernay-Tardif spends at practice will seem like a vacation of sorts. The playbook will seem like a comic book. Success would be sweet, failure merely a disappointment. The moment he heard his name called in the sixth round of the NFL draft on Saturday, the Montreal native went from being a medical student at McGill University spending 60 hours a week in neonatal intensive care units to an aspiring offensive tackle for the Kansas City Chiefs. You see, in a draft full of intriguing stories, Doc Larry is especially unique. After all, how many 23-year-olds are late to their advisers house to watch the draft because they were helping to deliver twins by emergency C-section? And how many NFL hopefuls have spent their spring working at childrens hospitals, first in the emergency room and later in the NICU, often handling babies that fit comfortably in his massive hands? How many players who heard their names called over the three days of the draft have just one more year of medical school before they can call themselves a doctor? Duvernay-Tardif plans to fit that in during summers, when he is able to take a break from football. But for now, his focus has shifted entirely to the Chiefs. He planned to be in Kansas City this week for rookie orientation, with a three-day rookie minicamp starting May 24. "Thing is that a year ago, my dream was to play in the CFL," said Duvernay-Tardif, who played so well at the East-West Shrine Game that several teams — including the Chiefs — took notice. "At that point, I was like, Oh, damn! I think the NFL is the place for me to play," he said. "Everything went well after that. I was training in the States. I had two visits and hosted my own Pro Day in Montreal and a few teams showed up. Everything went really well for me." Lets be clear about one thing: Theres a good chance that Duvernay-Tardif is a better doctor than he is a football player at this point. The competition in the Canadian Innteruniversity Sport system — which has produced 10 draft picks total — is not exactly the same as the Southeastern Conference. Nike Air Max Tn Günstig Kaufen. McGill is not Alabama, having produced one other draft choice — a long-snapper taken by Jacksonville in 2001. Some of the rules of the Canadian game are also a bit different. Then throw in the fact that Doc Larry will be going against players bigger, faster and stronger than ever before, and chances are hell be in for a rude baptism when he finally straps on a Chiefs helmet. "Competition (in Canada) is really a step backward," said Pat Sperduto, the teams area scout, "(but) football is blocking and tackling. Nothing changes there. Its still the same there. You just watch him, you realize that this kid has physical talent." For one thing, he has prototypical size at 6-foot-5, 315 pounds. He also has what Sperduto called a "nasty" streak on the field, which is a bit hard to reconcile with the affable med student who has been spending his time working with sick children. "The potential that he has ahead of him is really good," general manager John Dorsey said. "Now hes going to have to learn, but what he demonstrated at the East-West Game, he actually played at a very high level. He did very well. When you have a player like that — hes got so much more room to grow." The Chiefs lost three players who started along the offensive line on the first day of free agency, and while Kansas City made a few moves to counter the departures, there is still a pressing need for offensive line depth. Duvernay-Tardif could provide some of it. "I think when you play football, you have to play 100 per cent," Duvernay-Tardif said. "When I went to the Shrine game, I said, Lets compete until you hear the whistle, and thats what Im going to do at training camp. And hopefully Im going to be able to compete for a spot." And if things dont work out? He certainly has a fallback plan. ' ' '
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Dodge Ram Owners Club Belgium // Tell us who you are Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: